2.26.2009

Three Things

First things first. Panic. Did anyone else feel a small sense of panic yesterday? Well, I guess you would have to have Embarq to understand. Our Internet was down. After fidgeting with cords, feeling like some weird currents run through my body that cause computer malfunctions, and then just giving up, I learned that a major wire had been cut in Central Florida. Good. It wasn't me! However, I did get more done around the house. I guess I should think about time management?!


Second thing. Love. I found an idea on the Internet for Valentine's Day and waited just a little too late to get started. Story of my life!! I was unable to finish before packing up and heading to Tallahassee. So upon our return, I began working again. It was almost ready to go, then August gave us our scare. So to make a long story short, Travis got his gift last night. It is never to late to share a gift made with love, right?





It was really simple actually, just fill up a deck of cards with reasons why you love someone, then make a cover and back page, connect with ribbon, binder clip, etc. and you have a cute little book.


Third thing. Genes. I truly believe that August got most of his Genes from Daddy. The really good looks, curly hair, independence, biting, the ability to melt my heart, just to name a few. I am not sure, but this one may have come from me:


He started putting his sippy cup on a coaster!?! I swear we didn't teach him this, he just does it. I am sure it is just because he is copying us, but pretty smart don't ya think? So maybe the gene did come from Daddy after all? Yes, I think that's it. A smart gene from Daddy, not a neat gene from Mommy, even though Daddy has those too.

1 comment:

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

I was reading the blogs that I follow and I clicked on Stivender Family. Hey, I know those faces!!!I'm so sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital, but he looks like he has recovered and is as adorable as ever. You might enjoy reading our blog. We love childrens pics, so email us some of little cutie in his Jellybeans rags.